The Ferguson Student Center employs many student staff, and it is a great place to work! Please visit UA Student Jobs to apply for positions in the Ferguson Center, when available.
- The Building Manager provides overall assistance to the Ferguson Student Center and its customers. The Building Manager is often the first contact for customers and it is their responsibility to provide the customer with the best service possible maintaining professionalism and a positive attitude. Building Managers also aid in the processing and proper filing of all paperwork and other office duties essential to the department functions.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Ferguson Student Center and its customers. To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of Ferguson Student Center programs/events, the role it plays at the University and the services it provides.
- Plan and implement student programming in the Ferguson Student Center.
- Conference Coordinators are responsible for completing the majority of the building set-ups that take place within the Ferguson Student Center. Also serve as Information Desk Attendants which include responsibilities for the daily operation of the information desk including a good working knowledge of current and upcoming events. Collect lost and found, provide campus directions, and welcome guests to the Ferguson Student Center. Uphold strong customer service standards for dress, greetings, phone calls, and expedient customer response. Support emergency response processes as needed by the building manager.
Administrative Office Assistant:
- Administrative Office Student Assistants provide reception and assistance to the Director’s office and Ferguson Student Center Administrative staff. Assist with special events as needed.
Technical Service Assistant:
- Technical Services Assistants are responsible for providing and maintaining hardware and software support for the Ferguson Student Center administrative staff and event equipment reserved through the Ferguson Center Reservations Office. Computer technician assistants are expected to assist the Ferguson Student Center in the following areas.
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware/software issues related to Ferguson Student Center audio visual equipment.
The set-up and management of event audiovisual equipment (e.g. projectors, sound systems, mobile AV carts, microphones, etc.) reserved through the Ferguson Student Center.
- Available for technical assistance to Ferguson Student Center staff.
- Installation/troubleshooting of hardware and software on PC/Mac.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facilities and maintenance assistants work with the facilities staff to manage facilities paperwork and building projects. Uphold strong customer service standards for dress, greetings, phone calls, and expedient customer response. Support emergency response processes as needed by the building manager.