Information Table & Bake Sale Guidelines
Information tables reserved at the Ferguson Student Center provide opportunities for registered student organizations and departments to make contact with students for the dissemination of information or to collect funds or other support (e.g., signatures, supplies) from persons outside its membership. University guests or other non-university vendors or companies are not allowed at the information table.
Each organization maintaining a table in the Ferguson Student Center is responsible for requiring individuals to remain behind the table, providing a member in attendance at the table, and providing a printed banner or a printed block letter sign, no smaller than 8 1/2 x 11, with the student organization or department name.
- All materials and literature must be contained to the table.
- All tables must remain in designated areas and the use of extra tables will not be allowed without the permission of the Events Coordinator or designee.
- Ferguson Student Center Reservations Office reserves the right to deny approval to groups not following these guidelines.
- In support of established health and safety guidelines, only packaged/prepared foods that do not require time and temperature controls may be distributed.
- No food products for consumption may be sold (i.e. bake sales) except in the Ferguson Center as allowed by Environmental Health and Safety guidelines in the Social Events Food Service Requirements which can be found at http://riskmanagement.ua.edu/food-service-guidelines.html
- All food items that are purchased to be distributed at a bake sale must be from an approved caterer listed on the Risk Management Approved Caterer list which can be found at http://riskmanagement.ua.edu/information/Approved-Caterers-List.pdf.
- All student organizations must register any fundraising events (including bake sales) through The Source.